For the address of all authorized workshop in the event of accident, please click on the following link or whatsapp our 24 hour hotline 8822 2221.
Quick list of Dos and Don'ts when involved in a car accident
• Stay calm. Check if any party is injured. If there are any serious injuries, call 995/999 immediately.
• Move the vehicles involved away from flow of traffic if possible (e.g. roadside).
• Note down all number plates of involved vehicles and particulars of drivers and witnesses, if any.
• Take photos of the accident scene.
• Fill in the Singapore Accident Statement at the accident scene.
• Get into a heated argument with other parties involved.
• Discuss liability with parties involved in the accident at that instance.
Accidents required to make a police report
For cases involving injury, call the police immediately.
|• Parties not injured should stay at the scene.|
|• Vehicles should not be removed unless necessary (e.g. evacuating of injured).|
|• Take note of the following for police report:||- Date and time
- Particulars of witnesses
- Damages and positions of vehicles involved
- Weather and road conditions during accident
Other cases involving the police include
|•||Injured pedestrian or cyclist|
|•||Government vehicles or vehicles not registered in Singapore. Government vehicles include all vehicles with car plates QX and MID or belonging to government ministries.
*Call the police as soon as possible within 24 hours of such accidents
|•||Ensure the involved vehicles are not obstructing the traffic. Preferably, move to the road side or to a safe area immediately.|
|•||Place the hazard sign at least 50 metres away from the vehicle's boot.|
|•||Note down the number plates of all vehicles involved, as well as the names and contact details of all drivers or owners involved.|
|•||If any parties involved refused to do so, they are to make a police report within 24 hours. If not, they will be violating the Road Traffic Act.|
|•||Take down the contact details of any witnesses at the scene too.|
|•||Photograph the accident scene (e.g. the damages and positions of the vehicles).|
Is the insurer a member of Idac?
• Idac hotline: 1800 887 5151
• Tow service will be free of charge within a day of the accident.
• Assessment on the visible damage will be done and a report of replacement parts will be made.
• The report is for your insurer to make arrangements to repair your vehicle.
• The authorized workshop for your vehicle will contact your insurer directly.
Selecting a workshop for the repair job
Different insurers have different restrictions on repairing your vehicle. Check your policy on what are the restrictions or which authorized workshops you can send your vehicle for repair.